What We Do?
Our organization which started with 5 students in the year 1987 today educates more than 60,000 students in the rural areas of north India. We have a success story of establishing and running 129 schools. In its main campus at Baru Sahib, the Trust runs an exclusive IB World School for the Primary Level (new campus) and a full fledged Middle and High School (old campus) affiliated to Cambridge and CBSE, thus catering to a diverse curricula and age groups.
Further taking the mission to another level, the trust has established two full-fledged, multi-disciplinary, state of the art universities-Eternal University at Baru Sahib in Himachal PardeshEternal University Baru Sahib in Himachal Pardesh and Akal University at Talwandi Sabo District BathindaAkal University at Talwandi Sabo District Bathinda, Punjab.
- Longevity and Growth, ensuring institutional sustainability
- Value Based System, ensuring development of children as global citizens with humane values
- Cost Effectiveness, making it affordable to everyone
- Quality Oriented, assuring teaching using international educational pedagogy
- Reach, at Doorsteps of the Rural & Unprivileged
Akal Charitable Hospital
The organisation has established a fully functional AKAL CHARITABLE HOSPITAL at Baru Sahib, Himachal Pradesh in the year 1994. The hospital provides medical care to the underprivileged patients of the rural areas of this backward Himalayan Region and the basic primary health care to the residents of Baru Sahib campus.
- Fully functional multi-speciality surgical 180 bedded charitable hospital.
- Provides medical care to the underprivileged patients of the rural areas of HP.
- 4-5 times a year Medical camps and eye camps are organized in which highly qualified doctors from India and abroad conduct OPDs.
- Healthcare outreach community programs to create awareness of various health diseases in the rural areas of Himachal Pradesh.
Akal De-Addiction and Re-habilitation centre
The organization today has two de-addiction and rehabilitation centers, one in Baru Sahib and the second in Cheema, Sangrur, Punjab visit website. More than 5000 patients have been treated till date with amazingly low relapse rate.
- Helps in eradication of vices amongst the rural folk
- Selfless, dedicated, highly qualified and experienced doctors and nursing staff.
In a society where people are indulging in female feticide, our organization lays immense emphasis on educating girl-child. In all its educational institutions, preference is given to the girls. Akal Institute of Rural Women Empowerment (AIRWE) is one such institute that caters to empowering the women in the society. We have special teaching, skill development and vocational training programs especially for girls that make them ready for the world by earning their own living.
RELIEF & REHAB CENTRE
The Kalgidhar Trust aims at responding to the challenges of the community by empowering it through community welfare institutes that also includes:
● Senior Citizen Home
● Home for Widows and Destitute
Social change is a constant and complex phenomenon. It requires slow, gradual and long term process through a strong policy framework because it involves changes in traditions, customs.